The Spaghetti - Marshmellow Challenge

The Spaghetti - Marshmallow Challenge


Kia Ora everyone, 

I hope you have enjoyed my blogs so far. This post will be about the science challenge that we did today.

The materials were pretty limiting. We only had:


  • 1 meter of string
  • 1 meter of tape
  • 20 spaghetti sticks
  • 1 marshmallow
We had to craft a tower in only 18 minutes! The first plan for my team was:

Step 1: Make a square base
Step 2: Make spikes from all the corners of the base
Step 3: Stick the spaghetti sticks into the marshmallow
Step 4: stick four spaghetti sticks into the marshmallow, outwards
Step 5: around the top of the outwards-pointing sticks, make a square base
Step 6: Put a cross connecting the corners of the higher square

Unfortunately when it came time for judging, the marshmallow made our tower lean, then fall over!
I hope that I have inspired you to create something like this and be creative!

Adele

P.S: Here is the photos of my partners & the tower!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Financial Literacy

Planting at Centennial Stream

Term 2 highlights